Sunday, May 22, 2011

Post-Rapture Fun




I went to a baby shower yesterday, and while we were nomming upon snackies and ooh-ing over the baby, we took a moment to reflect upon the Rapture that was supposedly going to happen at 6 pm.

It didn't.

A couple of the girls in attendance and I had a long discussion about religion and church. They were both raised Mormon but have since escaped. I mentioned how I have always been attracted to the social aspect of church, but not enough to deal with sitting through sermons. I also don't put much stock in what any holy book says, so even if the sermon itself was energetic and not boring, the subject matter would still be unattractive to me.

They said they agreed, and I put forth an idea: what if we made a group that met once a week, but rather than discussing religion, we discus the things about religion that don't make any sense.

The idea was received with gusto, and we decided to do it. The moniker "Atheist Brunch Club" was suggested, and even though we're not atheist, we found it hilarious and dubbed ourselves the ABC.

On my run/walk this morning, I thought up an idea for a shirt. Yes, it's the one at the top of this post. I just used Gimp to add words to a picture of a plain T-shirt. It captures my feelings on the Rapture perfectly. Methinks I shall have one custom made.

1 comment:

  1. If you have a T-shirt made PLEASE order me one as well. I would totally wear it to our ABC meeting. P.S. Let me know how much it cost and I'll pay you back for it.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments