Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crestwood Park

The U2 concert last night left us with a small challenge: what would we do with Camille while we were rocking out? Jake's mom watched her until 10, and then his sister picked Camille up. We decided just to let Cami and Jake's sister have a sleepover at her place, even though I had minor panic attacks the entire time.


Camille survived her first sleepover, and I picked her up around 8:30 that morning. While I was out there, I decided to go for a walk in a nearby park, Crestwood.

It's kind of at the edge of a nice neighborhood. It sports an outdoor pool, playground, and grilling/picnicking areas. There are restrooms. Beside this recreational part, there is a river, and past the river is a mile-round path.

It's a very nice park. I give it one and a half thumbs up. It doesn't get two because there was some kind of maintenance going on, and the trucks left muddy ruts in the path that were annoying to get around, but once they're gone, it will be a two-thumbs-up park.


Picnic area

Playground

Old-school

The pool


I saw neither cactus nor animal droppings.



The path isn't paved but it is very smooth. The
jogging stroller worked great.

Beavers?!
















PROS
Restrooms available
Well-maintained
Clean
Outdoor pool
No hobos
Playground
Seating
Walking/running path
Dog friendly

CONS
Path is not paved (but it's still smooth)
Maintenance vehicles make path muddy in parts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments