OK, it was more like the Day Before Mother's Day Asskicking, but close enough.
Jake and Camille and I went for a hike. Well, Jake and I hiked, and Camille rode. Seriously, she's like a frickin' Roman empress being toted around all day. Luckyyyy.
We hiked to the top of Mt. Wire in Salt Lake City. The elevation at the top is 7,115 feet.
It was a long hike. But it was pretty!
 |
| A view of our final destination from the car. |
 |
| The first cache! It's in this picture... somewhere. O_o |
 |
| The second cache! |
 |
| And the third! |
 |
| The fourth cache! |
 |
| The fifth cac-- oh wait, that's Jake. |
 |
| Almost to the top... |
 |
| The top! |
 |
| Fuck, am I tired. |
 |
| Obligatory dorky waving pose. |
It was around this time that we realized we had lost Camille's binky at some point during the hike, and we didn't have any extra. Oh noes! BINKCON Charlie was in full effect, but not for long. Soon, it erupted into BINKCON Delta, and much of the hike down featured Camille's angry screams as a soundtrack.
 |
| There's still snow up here. That's how high we went. |
 |
| It's me! |
 |
Nursing in public! It was certainly the most scenic place
I've ever nursed Camille. Also, it was the most scenic
place Jake ever took a peepee. |
 |
| He's not taking a peepee; he's surveying the terrain. |
 |
| The University of Utah. |
 |
| Cheerio break! |
 |
| I can see my car! We're almost back! It's almost over! |
Things I learned from this hike:
- I can be overly ambitious sometimes.
- Applying sunscreen once in 6 hours will not prevent a sun burn.
- Always bring a sammich.
- Always bring more water than you think you'll drink.
- Always bring an extra binky.
- Always put the lid back on the sippy cup extra tight before you return it to your backpack, because if you don't and then you bend over, you'll get a cascade of cold water up your back. FACT!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I <3 Comments