Friday, August 6, 2010

Blog Hop '10

I thought I'd give this thing a try! Can't hurt, right?


OK, about me... I've only started blogging very recently, mostly because I never really had anything that I considered worth blogging about. However, in January of this year, I found out I was pregnant, so I decided to blog about that!

The hubby and I
The hubby (Jake) is going to school for electrical engineering, which means he's a giant math geek. I am NOT. Not even a little bit. I use numbers when there is a sale, or when my life depends on it. Jake is also in the ANG, and he is deployed right now. Boo! But he'll be back soon. Yay! We both like to scuba dive, and he loves skiing - the snow kind... I think it's fun for a while but I'm definitely not an addict like he is.

The fur baby
The fur baby's name is Sophie, and she is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I've had her for 3 1/2 years, since she was 8 weeks old, and she's my precious monkey, even if she is a total brat sometimes. Thankfully, her brattiness only includes whining for no reason and not destruction, which she could accomplish easily since she has jaws like an alligator.

The Beast
The Beast (aka, the baby) is due on September 22nd. We decided not to find out the gender, which is why we refer to it as "the Beast." I'd prefer a boy, but I don't really care what it is, as long as it's human.

As of today, my summer classes are over (hooray!), so I get a break for a couple of weeks from brain lurnin'. I'm currently in school for a BS in nursing, although I've been considering pursuing genetics instead. It all depends on how I handle being a mom, and whether or not my grey matter leaks out of my ears.

I'm a bit of a sci-fi nerd, and I love reading. My favorite series is the Dark Tower by Stephen King. I don't watch a lot of TV, but when I do, it's usually Bones, House, or various Adult Swim cartoons. Sophie likes CSI: Miami, so we watch that together sometimes. I have a planted aquarium that I kind of treat like a living painting, so it takes up a good amount of time. I love gardening and inherited a green thumb from my mother, but living in an apartment makes gardening a challenge. I still have a salsa garden growing in pots, though! I name my plants. Maybe that's why they grow.

I have a potty mouth (or on the Internet, I suppose I have potty fingers? That kind of sounds gross.), so watch out for that!

So I guess that's my blog in a nutshell! I try to keep it on the baby topic, but sometimes I ramble. And now that I have free time from school, I'll probably post a lot more often. :D

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the bloghop. I'm visiting all blogs that end in five. Nice to meet you!

    Congrats on the baby! S/He will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping over from the Blog Hop. I love your intro!! Love your sense of humor. We would get along quite nicely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd prefer a boy, but I don't really care what it is, as long as it's human." That made me laugh really hard.

    Enjoy being a mom - it's one of the greatest (and most difficult) experiences of life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww the furbaby is tooooooo cute I'm Your newest follower from blog hop 10
    www.bowwowpet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, guys! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by... Sophie is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments