Sunday, April 10, 2011

Razzlebaby

We had Belgian waffles with berries this morning, and Camille got to enjoy herself a few raspberries. She liked them so much, she tried to incorporate them into her very skin.



2 comments:

  1. How do I know what to feed Jack. I feel like every time I try something new I should have an Epipen ready. Like, I know Camille has tried all sorts of stuff. What stuff? Give me some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We basically don't feed her milk, eggs, fish, or nuts. The Big Allergens. Also, no honey, because of botulism, and nothing raw or unpasteurized (there is unpasteurized apple juice, so watch out for that). Everything else is a-OK. I try to feed her age-appropriate stuff, like pureed fruits and veggies and baby rice cakes. Jake feeds her chocolate cake and pickles and salsa (basically whatever he's eating, she gets a taste, but it's just a little taste, not an entire meal of cake).

    With her proper baby food (not the pickle supplements Jake feeds her), I make one flavor in bulk that usually lasts for about a month. She eats only that flavor until I run out, then we try a new flavor. Last month she had strawberry-mango, and this month she's getting carrot. It's recommended to feed new stuff three days apart so you can identify a food allergy if there is one, and so you'll know which food caused it.

    If way crazy allergies run in your family, I'd be careful with what you feed him, but otherwise, try as much new stuff as you can!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments