Saturday, April 23, 2011

Antelope Island

I live in Salt Lake City. There's quite a large lake here.

It may or may not be the largest inland salt lake in the world.

There are a bunch of islands in the Great Salt Lake, and the largest is called Antelope Island. Yes, there are antelopes on it, but no one goes to see the stupid antelope.

They go to see the buffalo!

OK, before you peruse my pictures here, take a look at the photo above. See the black dot in the upper lefthand corner? Yeah. I don't know where it came from. I can't see any dot on the lens or anything. Well, it's about time for a new camera anyway. I bought mine in 2003 or so. It's kind of old. So, please don't judge me because of the black dot.

Army/Air Force Memorial to a Pave Hawk crew and
its passengers who died in a crash in the lake.


Buffalo pies as far as the eye can see.



He was delicious.

I said, "Say cheese!" and this is what I got.

Buffalo hoof print next to my foot.

We heard this gobble gobble cluck cluck sound and finally
found the culprit... a quail. He was delicious, too.


This buffalo bull was wayyyyy bigger than this picture
would lead you to believe.



Jake and Cami harassing seagulls.




A beautiful end to a beautiful day.

And now... gigglebaby!


1 comment:

I <3 Comments