Camille is normally a very good nighttime sleeper. She'll wake up a couple of times for eats, but she makes virtually no noise and after she's eaten, she goes right back to sleep.
Not last night.
Last night, she cried when we put her to bed. Then she fell asleep for about an hour, and woke up and cried some more. I fed her and she fell asleep. Then she woke up a couple hours later and cried. Then fell asleep. Then cried. And so on and so forth, until 8:30 this morning, when she woke up and was all giggly as usual.
Meanwhile, I'm still splattered to the bed, because 2-hour stints of sleeping apparently don't do anything for a chipper morning.
The only way to get her to stop crying in a timely manner is to hold her and stand up and rock her. She'll fall asleep soon thereafter, so that's what I did about five times last night. During one of these rocking bouts, I thought about why Camille might suddenly be a bad sleeper.
The obvious answer is "she must be teething." I mean, she's five months old. She should be growing teeth, right? Everyone says teething pain is worst at night so babies who were usually good sleepers become not-good sleepers. But try as I might, I can't feel any teeth below her gums. Maybe I just don't know what I'm supposed to be feeling for.
Here's hoping that the nighttime crying fits don't last long.
edit: This is my 200th post! I didn't commemorate my 100th because the idea just didn't occur to me, and I didn't do the 200th (on time) because I forgot. Oh well. Here's to 200 posts, and to 200 more!
She forced out a tooth to get pickles ^_^
ReplyDeletePickles!
ReplyDelete