Friday, February 4, 2011

Four-Month Doc Appointment

We had Camille's 4-month appointment today! It was originally supposed to be on the 16th, but she has a rash under her neck that was bothering Jake and I. At first we were like, "Whatever, it's just a rash from all her drool getting stuck under her chin," but then on Sunday, I noticed that it was bleeding.

Eeeeeeeeeeee!


So I called the pediatrician's office and asked for her appointment to be moved up. It's two weeks earlier than scheduled, but it's her 4-month appointment and she's 4 months old. We get her shots on a different schedule, so it's OK that we moved her appointment up.

We thought the rash might be eczema, because Jake had eczema when he was a kid. The pediatrician assured us that it was just drool rash, and gave us a prescription for yeast cream in case it develops into a yeast infection (ewwww).

The rash doesn't seem to bother Camille. I'm sooooo glad it's not eczema. Jake's mom has told me all about the nightmarish ordeal they had to go through when he was little, and it's amazing how strange and messy the home remedies are for eczema.

I really like our pediatrician so far. He's not above making baby voices at Camille and talking goo-goo-ga-ga to her. She loves it.

He always goes on about how cute she is and how well her development is going. I'm sure he says much the same type of stuff to all his patients. I can't imagine he'd be very popular if he said, "Well hey little Jimmy! I see you're finally growing into your forehead! I bet your mommy and daddy are so happy you're not as butt-ugly anymore!" But it still makes me happy.  ^_^

Camille: age 19
When Camille outgrows her clothes, it's always because she's too long for them. Her shirts still fit around her, but they're just belly shirts because they're too short for her torso. When she was measured today, we found out why.

26.75 inches long! 91st percentile. Holy crap, kid! I'm sure it won't last long. Jake and I are both shorties. She'll be a shrimp again soon enough. Or maybe she'll get the recessive tall gene we both have and end up being an Amazon.

She's in the 45th percentile for weight, and the 18th percentile for head size. So she's average weight and has a tiny noggin. A little bean head. How is she supposed to be the first person to pilot a spaceship to Mars if she has a tiny head?

She's spent the afternoon napping, nursing, making raspberries, and yelling at her bouncer. Yes, her newest favorite activity is yelling. She's not crying or yelling about anything in particular (nothing obvious, anyway); she's just yelling to yell. Ahhh finding time to study is so wonderful here.

Speaking of studying, I have to go to class. Yep! Friday night class. Awesome. At least my night classes afford Jake some time to spend alone with Camille, plotting against me and teaching her bad habits. I bet that's where the yelling came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments