If you have a blog on blogger.com, do yourself a favor and go to your Edit Layout screen.
At the far right of the tabs at the top, there is one that says "Stats." Do it.
This is a fun page. I normally use it strictly to see how much traffic I've had, but today I thought it would be fun to take a look at the specifics of the page. I got a little creeped out.
My most-viewed blog post is Who Doesn't Love a Sale?! and was written about the website totsy.com. It features a picture of Dino-Riders. Apparently, that's the only reason people have been viewing that blog post in particular: to see the pic of Dino-Riders.
There is a section called "Traffic Sources," which is presumably a list of places where people come to your blog from. Like, if they Google search for "most adorablest baby in the universe" and end up at my blog, there will be a listing of "Google.com=most+adorablest+baby+in+the+universe."
Well, that didn't exactly pop up. The most common traffic source for my blog is...
...drumroll please...
Google.co.uk (British people ugghhhh) "pictures of baby's drinking owt. of. boobis." I copy+pasted it to ensure accuracy. Yes, ladies and gents, that's the most common source for my blog. Pictures of babies (baby's) drinking out (owt) of boobies (boobis). There are some fuckin' pervy people out there. And hey! My blog doesn't even have any pictures of baby's drinking owt of boobis anyway, so go away pervs! You'd probably have more luck if you learned how to spell!! Damn dirty Brits.
The second- through fourth-most common traffic sources were all searches for this picture:
Dino-Riders. Those searches were also Google, but not Google.usa. They were Google.md (some Russian-speaking country) and Google.co.in (India) and Google.bg (another Russian-speaking country).
So Russians and Indians are interested in my blog, but only because I posted a picture of Dino-Riders.
The top three words that were searched for that turned up my blog were: awesome (agree), oxygen plants (uhhh wut), and boobie pinch (WTF??).
I hope you are here for a different reason.

"My blog doesn't even have any pictures of baby's drinking owt of boobis anyway"
ReplyDeleteA serious problem if you ask me!!!!
You really gotta give you top fan base what they want.....jeez
Haha Oddy I try to keep the rating of this blog below XXX. And a picture of a baby nursing is uhh... not sexy. You can hardly even see boob!
ReplyDelete