Saturday, September 11, 2010

Urine Big Trouble Now

I slept very well last night. There was no tossing. No turning. No lying awake staring at the ceiling.

How do I know I slept very well?

Because I only went potty twice.

Usually, I go at least five times. It depends largely on how much I drank before I went to bed. Normally, even the littlest bit of pee will wake me up, and I'll waddle to the bathroom again and again and again, all night.

Last night, however, that didn't happen.

I woke up at an unknown time, quite uncomfortable. I had to pee like whoa. So I sat up, causing the pee sensation to increase exponentially. I tried to stand. Couldn't. It hurt way way way too much. Exactly how it felt is almost indescribable, because everything I can think to relate it to has never actually happened to me personally. I imagine the closest I can come to accurately describing the pain I felt when I tried to stand is that it felt like I was SUPER constipated and someone was trying to remove the backed-up poo by sticking their fist up my butt and punching it out.

Painful.

I tried many different approaches to standing. Maybe if I bend this way --- no. Maybe if I push like --- no. I thought about waking Jake up and asking him to get me a cup to pee into, but I had one last stroke of genius that saved me from having to do that. I lifted big fat belly up, effectively removing the pressure of the baby's head from on top of my bladder, and that allowed me to stand and scoot quickly to the toilet, where I peed more at once than I have in several months.

It. Felt. Awesome.

I only got up one more time to pee last night, without having to repeat the painful experience of that first one. Hallelujah!

On a less pee-filled note, my sister informed me that she is of the belief that Beast Day will occur either on the 16th or 17th. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments