Thursday, September 16, 2010

Houston, We Have (Some) Progress

Doctor's appointment today.


1cm dilated, which isn't exactly exciting. But 50% effaced, which I find to be very YAY!

I didn't have Group B Strep, which is another YAY! because it means I don't need IV antibiotics during the labor. Also, it means I don't have Strep in my no-no areas.

I called my mom to update her on my bajingo progress, and it wasn't until the moment she answered the phone that I thought, "Oh shit, she probably thinks I'm calling her to tell her I'm in labor."

I was right.

She was disappointed when I informed her that I am not in labor, but rather just wanted to update her on my doctor's appointment. Apparently, both times she birthed children, the labor occurred on the same day as a doc appointment, and always after the doctor said, "You're not dilated, effaced, or progressed at all in any way. Couple more weeks." And her lady parts were like, "What do you know??" and made baby-time in a matter of hours.

So she thinks I'm going to have the Beast tonight. That would be fine with me. Especially since the dinner plans Jake and I had got cancelled. So now I have nothing to do but watch an NCIS marathon.

Which is totally fine, because I love this show. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments