Therefore, I've stepped up my induction attempts.
Before I get snargled at, YES I am aware that attempting natural induction techniques before 40 weeks is generally recommended against. However, I don't give a fuck. Besides, they won't even work if I'm not already ready for labor. And I'm ready. Yes, yes I am. Mentally, anyway.

Here are my newest induction attempts. Evening Primrose Oil contains prostoglandins (which I have already blogged about - basically, they soften the cervix), and the Raspberry Leaf tea tones the uterus and can cause contractions.
Basil and oregano also have contraction-causing properties, so I'm going to be eating a lot of pasketti with basil-and-oregano-infused pasta sauce.
Like I already said, I know that none of these substances will cause me to go into labor if I'm not already ready to do so. And I don't want to go into labor if I'm not ready for it. However, I'll be 40 weeks on Wednesday (and I know it's exactly 40 weeks because I know exactly which day I ovulated on), which means I'M READY, GODDAMMIT!!
I made hats.

Go Utes!

Heart Hat
(the heart is kinda hard to see)
Public Service Announcement: if you're going to attempt to shave your legs whilst 9 1/2 months pregnant, exercise extreme caution, or else this might be you:
I didn't die of blood loss or anything, but it definitely stung! But now I have baby-smooth legs to enjoy. I don't know about anyone else, but I think few things feel as nice as getting into bed after having just shaved my legs. ^_^
It's Wednesday. Calling it. You must name it after me if I am right.
ReplyDeleteI have all those induction methods lined up to go as well. My husband keeps reminding me I have three weeks to go. Good luck! It will be here before you know it!
ReplyDelete