Monday, September 6, 2010

The Baby-Que!

Ok, so first of all, I'm a total dweeb, and I forgot to bring my camera to the Baby-Que. So there are no pics to post. :(

Second of all, it was great! I could tell there were some people who were anxiously awaiting the appearance of baby diapers smeared with melted chocolate, or toilet paper rolls, or a strict ban on the word "baby." Little did they know, they didn't have anything to worry about. I think those games are retarded!

Ever since Saturday, Jake has been increasingly more pro-induction. He has instructed me to hold the baby in if I go into labor on a weekday; only a weekend is good for baby-havin', it would seem. I told him the day of the Beast's arrival (henceforth known as Beast Day) isn't up to me, and that he would have to take it up with the Beast. I think that might prove difficult, since the Beast doesn't speak English yet.

Oh yes! And now that the baby shower is over, it's time to finish up the *shopping* and actually start getting everything ready for Beast Day. Jake and I cleaned up the nursery and the bassinet in our bedroom this morning (the latter is no longer my conveniently-located laundry basket). I put all the Beast's clothing into a hamper for washing. I arranged blankets, burp cloths, boobie hiders, etc, even though I'm sure they're going to be made a mess of the very first day the Beast comes home from the hos-pit-al.

Jake and I also decided on names, finally. Not sharing... yet! We both really like what we've picked and don't want any naysayers ruining our feely-good time.

OK, off I go... to do some thank you notes, and to do price comparison for the rest of the baby stuff we need. Cheapskate Power!

3 comments:

  1. Booooo for no pictures!

    Yay for name picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm not supposed to be telling people?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell people. I just don't want to hear about it if they don't like the names. If they come and tell me about how Blankety-Blank is a better name, I might Hulksmash them right in the face.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments