Wednesday, September 1, 2010

37 Weeks

On time!! Hells yuh.

Sweet Jesus! 37 weeks! I'd like to say that time has flown, but it hasn't. It's been soooo slooooow. Especially these past few weeks. But now there's only 3 weeks to go and I'm kind of freaking out a little bit. In a very short period of time, I'm going to be responsible for a tiny screaming thing. Come oonnnnn motherly instincts!

My Facebook status yesterday read: "When is nesting supposed to kick in? I turned the bassinet into a laundry basket, which is, I believe, the opposite of nesting."

True story.

The crib is currently a receptacle for all the baby clothes, blankets, toys, etc, that I just didn't feel like putting away properly. The Pack 'n Play downstairs holds those same type of items (baby stuff) that hadn't made it upstairs yet.

I guess I'm waiting until after the Baby-Que to really let myself start to get ready. Or perhaps I just lack the motivation because I'm in some kind of weird denial. The giant belly I have isn't being caused by a baby, but rather a tumor. With a heartbeat. Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Doc appointment tomorrow. I get my Group B Strep test (mrrg), and also checked to see where I am as far as effacement, dilation, blah blah blah. I'm expecting the report to be that I am neither effaced nor dilated at all, but a small part of me has been allowed to hope against hope that the doc will say, "Well holy shit, you're practically ready to deliver." Wouldn't that be nice!

Jake's birthday prezzies arrived today, and I quickly realized that there aren't a lot of places around the apartment that I could hide them where he wouldn't stumble across them. So I left them in the box they were delivered in (Amazon.com - squissshhhh with love) and told him that box was off limits because it contained his presents. I told him he could have them now if he wanted to, but he declined. I think I'll give them to him on his actual birthday, or whenever the Beast decides to make his/her exit. Because I think after the Beast is here, Jake's birthday present might slip my mind.

I hate Comcast. There, I said it. We signed up for cable TV last Saturday, and thus far I've been to the Comcast office every day this week, and have changed out the cable box once. I suspect I'm going to have to do it again tomorrow... get a new box, that is. Ours won't work. The first one wouldn't properly display the Guide screen (everything showed up as "To Be Announced"), and we weren't getting some of the channels we're supposed to get. The new box today does even less than that... it's stuck on Channel 1, promising that in just a moment, there will be picture. There isn't. The Comcast box is a goddamn liar.

My hunger is. I must raid the skeeter-eeter for noms before I start to devour the mouse pad. O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments