Thursday, September 23, 2010

Snort Growl Grumble

Doc appointment. 2cm dilated instead of 1cm. That's progress, I guess, but not as much as I had hoped.

However, apparently, tardy baby is a blessing in disguise. For anyone who has ever dealt with Tricare, you'll know exactly what I mean when I say

SLIEILETJHPOQWEHBSAFOWIEFIHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to get into the technical details, but essentially, due to some kind of stupid paperwork error, Tricare stopped covering Jake and I mid-August. We found out about this last week, when I had tried to call and inquire about exactly how to get a pediatrician. So we filled out the proper paperwork (following, to the T, all instructions given to us by the lady on the Tricare phone line), faxed it in, and assumed all was well.

Weeeelllllll, all was not well.

Today at my doc appointment, I was informed by the receptionist that we were being shown as not having coverage under Tricare. I was like, "OMGWTFBBQ I thought I handled this shit last week."

Well, as it turns out, those instructions that we followed to the T had been incorrect. We were told the wrong date to put down, so now we weren't going to get our coverage back until October 1st. Which means we would have to pay for the Beast's delivery ($3k) out-of-pocket if s/he decided to arrive before October 1st.

I called Tricare and talked to about 600 different people about my predicament, and I was eventually connected to a chick who said I basically just had to write a letter requesting that the incorrect date on the form be corrected to what it should have been in the first place. Which sounds simple enough, right?

Sorry, lady, but I just don't believe anything you're saying.

I relayed all of this information to Jake, who joined me in my rage against Tricare for a minute, and then he said he'd call and see if he got the same story from a different customer service person (since we've gotten like 5 different stories on what exactly is happening thus far). I wrote up a letter requesting date correction just to be safe, and I'm waiting for Jake to call back and see what the Tricare people had to say.

So, in effect, I have halted all natural induction techniques until we get this figured out. I'm kinda sad about it, because that Raspberry Leaf tea tastes really yummy. And it's finally cool enough outside to justify drinking hot tea. Maybe I'll just have a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments