Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FLASH!



I wish I were talking about this kind of Flash (aaaa-aaaaah!), but I'm not.

I'm talking about hot flashes.

I grew up in Florida. As a result, I can tolerate high heat and humidity, but I'm a total weenie when it comes to being cold and dry. When I moved to Utah in January, it took about 2 days before I was ready to get back in my car and drive across the country to Florida again. Seriously. My hands were so dry and cracked that they bled (even with lotion applied several times a day), and I practically lived in flannel jammies under a blanket next to a space heater.

In the good old days, any temperatures below 75 degrees required a sweater at a minimum, and anything below 60 was unacceptably cold and meant I didn't go outside. Snow meant that the world was ending, and that the only thing to do was hole up in a (warm) place and wait for the end to come.

However, this pregnancy thing has turned the thermostat in my body way, way up. It was 64 degrees this morning - normally sweater-worthy weather - and I just opened the window and sat there. It felt so good. I carry a fan around with me from room to room because otherwise I'll sweat my tits off. And at night, I normally can't even have the sheet over me because I'm so hot.

Hot. Hot. Hot.

I guess I'm glad I don't live in the South right now.

2 comments:

  1. You are sooo lucky! I live in SW FL and have my whole life and it is HOT! I break a sweat walking from the house to the car and being 7 months prego makes it worse!!!! Send some cold weather my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'll send some cold weather in December when there's a ton to spare! Next time I get pregnant, I'm going to time it so the last 2-3 months are in winter. :P

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments