Monday, July 19, 2010

Treasures

I was over at Jake's mom's house yesterday, and she fished out a couple of boxes of baby pictures, and we spent a couple of hours going through them. She ended up giving me a bunch of Jake's baby pictures (which I'm sure he's going to be just thrilled about)!

My favorite of Jake's baby pics
Photobucket

I think it's my favorite because he looks like he's striking a pose. "Oh, a camera. One sec. OK, here we go. Hey baby, how you doin'?" Also, he has mad scientist hair, and I think it's adorable!

Not to leave myself out of the baby picture fun, here is one of me! It's the only one I have right now. The mustachioed dude holding me is my dad.
Photobucket

According to my mother, I was 3-4 days old in that picture. According to Jake's mom, he was 2-ish months old in his picture. We were both pretty adorable, and also pretty hairy. I hope the Beast follows suit.

But that's not the end of the treasures I received yesterday! Jake's mom presented me with an outfit that Jake wore when he was a baby. It's still in awesome condition! And it's cute, to boot.

Jake's baby outfit
Photobucket
Closeup of the embroidery
Photobucket

The Beast will totally wear this. But not too often, as I am afraid of ruining it somehow.

Oh, and as a kind of P.S. update type of thing, Amazon.com is maintaining its status as my most favoritest online shopping site ever. My mom e-mailed them re: the missing mattress on Saturday evening, and on Sunday morning, they responded with the "we show it was received on June 19th" e-mail. When my mom replied with, "Well, my daughter still doesn't have it," they promptly responded with, "That sucks! But we're awesome, so we're sending her another one, free of charge, and we're one-day expressing it, also at no charge." I less than three Amazon.com.

I went to my apartment's office this morning, just to double-check for the mattress (as you may recall, I went in there about a month ago asking about it, and they told me it wasn't there), and lo and behold, there it was, sitting in the corner all alone, crying quietly. So I took it home and put it in the crib (and poked it several times), and then I called my mom, who e-mailed Amazon.com and told them the missing mattress had been located. I hope we caught them before they sent it out to be shipped!

1 comment:

  1. I also less than three amazon! Probably next to having college age, noisy, vomiting neighbors, having to beg for my own packages from a leasing office is what I hate most about apartment living.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments