Wednesday, July 21, 2010

31 Weeks

21Jul10 - 31w

Well, I had my second-to-last big Biology test today. It covered cellular respiration, photosynthesis, mitosis, meiosis, and genetic inheritance.

And it totally spanked me.

I won't even know what I got on it until next Wednesday, since we don't have class on Friday (due to a holiday that only occurs in Utah). So I get to sit here and imagine the worst for a week. Although, I suppose that's almost a blessing in disguise, since I'll have myself convinced that I failed it, so when I get the real grade, it won't seem as abysmal as I built it up to be.

edit: Update! I got my grade back for that Bio test. I passed it with an A. Yep. And, as usual, I got the really tricky hard stuff right, and the easy stuff wrong. Sigh.

My dad is driving oodles of my possessions up here from Florida. I can't wait to use my own pots and pans and kitchenware! He was supposed to get here today, but it seems he probably won't be arriving until Friday afternoon/evening. Some friends invited me to the Melting Pot on Friday, and I'm kind of wondering if my dad will get here late enough for me to go eat scrummy fondue and get home in time to meet him. Hmm...

Doc's appointment tomorrow. I want to see if he can give me an approximate size/weight for the Beast. I watched this news report on fat babies, and it said a big factor on childhood obesity is size at birth, and a big factor in a high birth weight is amount of sugar consumed by the mother during pregnancy. Weeeelllllll letmetellyasumthin, my sweet tooth got turned to 11 the moment egg met sperm. Seriously. I could spoon sugar into my mouth and love every minute of it. I don't do that. But I could.

So I'm concerned that the Beast is gigantic, natch. I started off at 119lbs and I think I'm currently at 140-ish (I'd weigh myself but I just finished stuffing taters into my mouth). I guess that's not bad (it feels like I've doubled in size, for srsly), and I've gotten a lot of comments referring to the fact that I look like a normal person who is trying to steal a basketball under my shirt. I guess I should be flattered, but then I thought, if I looked like a whale trying to smuggle a school bus, would anyone say so? Probably not. They'd probably stick with, "Oh aren't you cute!" At least no one has asked if I'm having twins. That might make me cry.

Oh yeah! I still haven't had any strange people rub my tummy uninvited. A girl in my bio lab asked permission (which was granted), and in-laws will touch it (which is fine with me), but no strangers. I was warned that strange people would touch my tum. At first, I was like, "Yeah I'd break their fingers," but since then, I've come up with something more diabolical.

I decided that, if a stranger ran up and started stroking my belly, they would inevitably ask when I was due. My response would be, with a completely straight or possibly angry face, "I'm not pregnant. I have a tumor!"
Photobucket
Pregnant ladies: feel free to use my response to unwelcome tummy-rubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments