8 weeks left! Well, technically, 7 weeks and 6 days. But that's close enough to 8, so whatever.
Alls' well on the Beastly Front. S/he seems to favor my right side. Apparently, something is amiss on the left side of my uterus, so the Beast likes to jam him/herself onto the right side. I keep getting jacked from the inside by... some body part. I don't know which one. I'm guessing a knee or elbow. It doesn't feel small enough to be a foot or hand. And contrary to what everyone thinks, no, I cannot SEE body parts when I am assaulted.
News Flash: The Beast can read my mind. S/he's been perfectly still and dormant for a couple of hours now, but just when I start to type about him/her... BAM! KICK! POW! "How dare you speak ill of me!"
I've been bitching for about 2 months now about how being pregnant sucks and how I'm totally over it. Still true. Maybe even more true than ever before now. I've moved into the Hot Flash Zone, and the number of shirts I can wear that still cover up my belly is dwindling. My back hurts! Nothing new, but I'm starting to get ornery about it. I don't like being in constant pain. I can do short bursts (a "short burst" is defined as any pain that lasts between an hour and 3 days), but this prolonged owie garbage is not cool. Not cool, at all.
I think I might be getting Braxton Hicks. But I'm not sure. For those of you who don't know, Braxton Hicks are fakesies contractions. Basically, the uterus in training for the upcoming Day of Baby. The literature says that they can begin as early as 6 weeks, but most women won't feel them that early (and some women never feel them at all). I first noticed a few days ago... it kind of just felt like gas. I wouldn't say it was painful, but it was definitely uncomfortable.
Now I don't know about you, but when I have bad gas pains, I try to rip a couple so I don't have to be in pain anymore. Of course, I exercise prudence whilst cutting the cheese (so no giant farts in the checkout aisle at the supermarket or anything), unlike some people. Anyway, with these "gas pains," there was no gas to be passed. It went away after a few minutes, so I didn't think anything more of it.
Until today, when it happened again. This time it hit me for a few minutes in the grocery store, and then again when I got home about 20 minutes later. That was uhhh... two hours ago? Nothing since then. I have a doctor's appointment next week, so I can ask him. If I remember.
Technically, I'm due on September 22nd. That's my 40 weeks. I've been assured by many supposedly-well-meaning people that first-time babies are always late. Bah. Jake's sister just had her first baby and he was a week-ish early. So I'm taking heart, and I'm also going to eat that chicken and garlic pizza that she swore is what put her into labor.
I keep getting sidetracked. OK. Due on Sept 22. BUT my "on-time" window extends from September 8th to October 8th. I'm rooting for September 8th. Actually, I might root for more like the 12th or so... some time after the 11th. It's garlic chicken pizza time beginning September 12th!
My mom and my sissy are coming out here on Sept 30th until Oct 6th to visit me and the baby. I really hope I don't go into labor on October 7th! *cackle*
It has been suggested that I hold out until October 10th, because 10/10/10 would be a fun birthday. Sure it would. For someone else. I'm going to be so mad at the Beast if s/he stays inside me until October 10th. If it's October 8th and I'm still with child, though, I'll probably hold out those extra two days, because if I'm going to be late, I might as well go on 10/10/10.


Well meaning people told me the same thing and my tater tot was born on her due date which was October 8 ^_^
ReplyDeleteThe nurse was about to send me home and laughed at my coming in because I was "just wishing I was in labor." Then she checked me and I was already dilated some obnoxious number.
When it is ready . . . The Beast will come forth O_0
I think that's a Bible verse.
ReplyDelete