Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow Day

If I were a schoolchild, I'd be much more excited about the snow dumping outside. As it is, my plans for today have been cancelled. I wanted to go grocery shopping and also see if I could find safety eyes at Michael's.

Both the grocery store and Michael's are right down the hill, but my car isn't 4-wheel drive and driving up and down hills in the snow is a little tricky.

And by tricky, I mean sometimes my wheels just spin and I don't go anywhere.  O_o

So I ordered lunch from Pizza Hut (I love their pasta!) and I've resolved to do homework and break it up hourly with Pushing Daisies and playing with Camille.

3 comments:

  1. That's one thing that is good about Chicago being flat. No hills to climb in the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. Some black ice got the best of me and I crashed into the median on the highway yesterday :(
    $3000 later-I'll have my car back by Friday.
    Be careful! I don't know what "safety eyes" are, but it's best to save their purchase for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, that sucks!! I hope I can avoid doing something like that to myself. I drive like a maniac without even realizing it, and snow be damned!

    Safety eyes are eyes for toys that won't come out easily, so little kids can't choke on them. I made a little alien for Camille and it needs eyes. I can't attach the head until I put the eyes on and it's a bit weird having a headless stuffed alien sitting in my yarn bag. O_o

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments