Friday, January 7, 2011

Nerdflix

Right before Christmas, Jake and I got sick. It was a flu-ey type illness with body aches and fever and vomiting (for him, not me, I never vomit). It only lasted a couple of days but it sucked nonetheless.

Camille didn't get sick, not even a sniffle. SuperBaby!

Well, we're sick again, and with the same thing it seems like. Jake basically dragged himself from bed to couch to floor all day, grunting and groaning the entire time. I felt pretty nasty all morning, but then around 3, I magically felt better.

Camille still isn't sick.

Tomorrow, I'm going on a journey to... Nebraska. Yes, it is very exciting. The point of said journey isn't important; I'm not taking Camille, and that is important. I'll leave on Saturday morning and come back Sunday afternoon. It's one night and hardly two days away from her, but I'm still freaking out. I've been pumping and storing milk for a while. I have a bunch of 2.5 oz bottles in the fridge and many frozen 5 oz pouches in the freezer, but I'm still afraid they're going to run out of milk and be forced to feed her formula (yuck!).

I don't know if she'd even take formula. Lately she's being a weenus about taking boob if she's really hungry, and she won't take pumped milk if it's not warm enough. I suspect having formula put in her mouth would elicit the following reaction:


School starts next week. I'm SO EXCITED! Physiology, Chemistry, and Maff (groosssss). It's a 12-credit load this semester, and I'm kind of nervous about finding the time to study and do homework with Squiggles and her demands. I got shiny new notebooks and new pencils and pens. I love school.


So, Jake and I have a Netflix queue that's about 50 movies long. Half of those are National Geographic TV specials about everything from North Koreans to ancient Mayans to US Special Forces. I asked my FB friends if that made Jake and I giant dorks. I was assured that we're dorks for other reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments