Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BINKCON: Delta

BINKCON = Binky Condition

Alpha: happy baby, binky present, binky not needed.
Bravo: happy baby, binky absent, binky not needed.
Charlie: cranky baby, binky present, binky needed.
Delta: cranky baby, binky absent, binky needed.

We were at a BINKCON Delta at Mommy Group today. I was in a hurry out the door this morning and I forgot her binky.


I know, I'm a terrible mommy.

I only realized that I was binky-less when Camille started fussing. It was about nap time anyway, so I thought I'd pop her binky in her mouth and set her down in her car seat for a nap. But when I went for the binky... it wasn't there.

O_O

Camille was not understanding when I told her I had left her binky at home.


So I improvised. I stuck my finger in her mouth.

It worked! Hooray!

But then I was stuck. I couldn't really do anything but stand there with my finger in Camille's mouth. So I waited for her to start dozing, and I took my finger out and rushed home to get her binky.

While I had my finger in her mouth, I felt rough ridges on either side of the roof of her mouth. There's one on each side. I can't open her mouth wide enough to be able to see what the ridges are. Looks like I have something to ask the pediatrician about next time we go.

2 comments:

  1. What color should I wear in BCON: D? Will I have trouble going through security?

    THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON! THE HORROR!

    awww poor bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you tell the TSA people at the airport that by forcing me to take my shoes off and throw my water away, the terrorists win... yeah they don't like that very much.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments