I'm considering consolidating all of my blogs and incorporating them all into GoTeamBoobies!. I have like... 5 different blogs. I have a problem and I'm working on it!
The goofy thing about my various different blogs is that anything of true import that occurs on a blog other than GTB gets linked here anyway. So I'm doing twice the work. If I'd just mash them all together, I'd only have to post this stuff once.
OK. I talked me into it. It's settled. My 234845687234 different blogs shall henceforth be all incorporated into this one. Standby for messy blog-mashing.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to blog about Camille's second round of shot (singular) on Thursday.
Some of you may have guessed by now that I'm not a fan of the current vaccination schedule. I mean, six shots all at once? To a baby? I got a vaccination cocktail at Basic Training and it knocked me on my ass for a couple of days, and I'm a healthy adult with a strong immune system. Babies' immune systems are still revving up, and loading them full of vaccinations really does a number on them.
I won't go into it. I don't want to get preachy.
Long, ranty story short, Jake and I are getting Camille's vaccinations one shot at a time. She got her first Hep B at the hospital, her second Hep B last week, and her pneumococcal conjugate on Thursday.
I'm taking the "one at a time" approach because I believe getting her vaccinated is important, but I don't want to pump her full of half a dozen at a time. One at a time means her immature little immune system has an easier time assimilating and handling the vaccination, and she will still have enough immune system left over to fight any real illness that happens her way. Also, if she has any kind of allergic reaction to the vaccine, we'll know exactly which vaccine it was. Knowledge is power!
Kickin' it old school (house rock). |
Jake went with me again. Next week, he won't be able to. :(((((((((((
I cry more than Camille does. Needle in, needle out, 10 seconds of crying, and she's satisfied with the binky. Meanwhile, I'm standing in the corner with my face covered so no one will see me bawling and think I'm some kind of mental case. I think what made it sooooo tragic was that she was smiling and having a great time before the nurse arrived with the needle. I was like, "IF ONLY SHE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING!!!! SHE WOULDN'T BE SMILING!!"
Boo boo #2. |
Reptar Band-aid. Yesssssssss.
P.S., I love the word "henceforth," especially when used in conjunction with the word "shall."



No comments:
Post a Comment
I <3 Comments