I didn't find out Camille's gender while she was in utero; I waited until she was born. A lot of people were like "WTF" but I thought it was more fun. Everyone I met tried to guess based on old wives' tales (most of them were wrong). I took one or two of those gender prediction online tests for fun, and have since forgotten what the results were. I thought it would be fun to go through some of the more popular ones, enter in my info, and see if they would have been right!
I know, I'm a dork with nothing to do. Camille's asleep.
ChildBirth.org - girl
Chinese Gender Chart - boy
Wives Tales and Myths - girl
According to some wives' tales (not really older because ultrasound technology is newer than many of those old wives and their tales), a heartbeat above 140 bpm means it's a girl, below 140 bpm means it's a boy. Camille's was always around 150 whenever I went in for my checkups. Right!
I carried low, which is supposed to be indicative of a boy. RAWNG!
Sweet vs Sour: sweet means girl, sour means boy. I definitely craved sweets and more sweets while I was pregnant. I wanted sour stuff too, but not at the same magnitude. Also, it was really hard for me to find stuff that was sour enough. Sourpatch Kids? Whatever.
Supposedly if you gain weight in your face, it's a girl. I don't think I gained weight in my face. So bam!
So there we go... the old wives' tales are true... and also not true. The only 100% guaranteed method to know the baby's sex is to look at their little naughty bits after they're born!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I <3 Comments