I mentioned before that Jake and I are going to be running a half marathon (13.1 miles) in September, so I've been running 5 days a week to prepare for it.
For the record, I am not an amazing in-shape runner person. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I hate running, but I love the way I feel after I run. Even with the love part, it took me a while to get into it. Here's my running schedule:
Week One: walk 1:30, run 1:00, for 3 miles.
Week Two: walk 1:30, run 1:30, for 3 miles.
Week Three: walk 1:30, run 2:00, for 3 miles.
Week Four: walk 1:30, run 2:30, for 3 miles.
And so on, and so forth. Sometimes I run 4 miles, like I did today, and then I'm super sore, like I have been all day.
I'm up to 2:30 running now. I have good days and bad days. The good days are great; the bad days are pooptastic. No matter what kind of day it is, though, I'm constantly amused that I run a 5K every day, and I used to do everything I could to avoid running in all its forms. My, how things have changed.
i feel ya! i hate to run but i love the after feeling!
ReplyDelete