I really like the Hogle Zoo, and now I like it even more in the morning. I went today with Jill, her boyfriend Will, my nephew Bryan, and Camille.
We got there around 9:30, so it wasn't too crowded or hot. I'd always heard the animals are the most active in the morning, so I was really keen to go see the tigers right away, but we got a little sidetracked.
Bryan and Will checking their stirrups.
Finger-gun fight!
Will is disarmed.
FINISH HIM
Chillin' kangaroo.
Normally this guy just lays in the grass under a tree,
motionless. But today...
... he got up long enough to scratch his butt.
I think his arms are too short to scratch his own butt.
Bryan with a dirt digger thing.
Will threw some kid over the fence in order to get a ride on a
dirt digger.
Here, we begin the saga of Two Giraffes, One Cup:
Tail sniff. Apparently, this is the "go" signal.
Golden shower. Giraffe on the left took a drink of pee,
and then...
... regretted it immediately.
"Sick, ugh, man, I think you have a UTI."
Pee Drinker the giraffe. Watch out for this one, kids.
Kitteh.
"Mmmm children."
The kids screamed every time the leopard got close. I don't
think the leopard liked it much.
The advice I got about going to the zoo early was SPOT ON! We got to see two tigers frolicking in their pool.
Kitteh.
Kitteh.
Epic Tiger Battle!
2:35 is when the fun begins.
After watching the epic tiger battle, we went to see a hungover, heartbroken gorilla.
"So, get this, man..."
"First, Penelope breaks up with me. And I'm all, whatever,
babe. I don't need you anymore."
"So I went out drinking to prove to her that I don't care that
she's gone, and I drank way too much."
"Now I have a wicked hangover AND no girlfriend AND
kids come and bang on the glass all day.
My life sucks."
Poor hungover gorilla. He should drink some coffee and then call Penelope and tell her that he misses her.
We were at the zoo for 2 1/2 hours, and we saw voyeur giraffes, crouching tigers, and hungover gorillas. The Hogle Zoo rocks!
Thank you for your co-sleeping comment on my blog! I appreciate all the details because I had no idea where to start. Did you start with naps or bed time first? you can email me at erthornbury@gmail.com
Thank you for your co-sleeping comment on my blog! I appreciate all the details because I had no idea where to start. Did you start with naps or bed time first? you can email me at erthornbury@gmail.com
ReplyDelete