Holy crap! It's already been two months! RIDICULOUS!
Here are some milestones that several websites agree a 2-month-old should have reached:
Smiling. A 2-month-old baby should smile in response to happy-time stuff. Camille definitely smiles. She used to only smile when she was pooping, but now she'll smile at me, at Jake, and at various familiar relatives. She also occasionally smiles at Sophie, but she still doesn't like it when Sophie licks her face.
No more wobbly head. At least, not that much of a wobbly head. Camille can hold her head up very well and look around. When she's on her tummy, she can lift her head and upper chest up, and has almost figured out that using her arms to prop herself up is easier than holding her head up with no arm support. She tried to lift her head and look around on the day she was born, though, so this head-holding business is old news.
Hand control. Two-month-old babies should be able to hold onto a rattle, finger, or other smallish object for a little while. Camille can, but isn't really grabby just yet. On her play mat, the toy octopus that dangles has a little hand-hold, and she'll snag that and hold onto it for about 10 seconds before letting go. She's way more interested in kicking things that strike her fancy.
Standing with assistance. Two-month-olds should straighten out their legs and stand with assistance. Maybe they'll bounce a little, maybe they won't. Camille likes to stand because it offers her a better view of things. She's convinced she's going to miss something important if she's not up and in the middle of everything. Jake has tried to coax her into "walking," but she just lets her legs go slack and drags her toes on the floor. Little squirt.
Complexity is fun! By this, I mean two-month-olds are no longer captivated by the simple black-and-white patterns that they found fascinating as newborns, and are now graduating to COLORS! Camille has a mobile over her crib with safari animals on it (elephant, zebra, what have you) and she didn't used to really give a shit about it. Now, however, it's probably her favorite toy and she'll just lay in her crib and talk to her animals while Jake and I are busy trying to do stuff. She also enjoys her toy octopus very much. I consider these animals to be complex, so check off another developmental milestone for the Squirmy Worm.
Personality. And how. Two-month-olds should be displaying a distinct personality, and Camille definitely does. She's happy most of the time but isn't shy about yelling at people who displease her. She likes to be naked. If she's not sitting up and able to see the entire room, she gets very upset. I predict that she's going to be a bossy-butt when she gets older.
Noise maker. Two-month-old babies will "talk" when you talk to them. They'll imitate inflections in adult voices, and will respond when you say something to them. Camille likes having conversations. Jake's sister Jill had about a 10-minute conversation with Camille today. It was so cute! We tried to video it, but Camille stopped cooperating as soon as the camera was rolling. I suppose she wasn't ready for her closeup.
Toots. Apparently, gassiness hits most babies between two and four months. Camille has been farting like a champ since Day One, but I'm pretty sure that's in her genes (coughJakecough). They don't smell bad, though, and I guess now they're supposed to start smelling? We'll see. I haven't noticed it yet.
She kind of rolls over, but not really. I think all her rolling has been accidental thus far.

Congratulations! My little baby Jack likes to be nakey as well! He gets really made when I humor myself by putting him in "outfits". This is totally weird and you may not see it...but Camille looks like a girly version of my baby.They even make the same faces...weird!
ReplyDelete