Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Hunt for Boob Support

I'm not talking support, like, emotional support for breastfeeding. I could give a shit if people don't like that I breastfeed. I've done it in public a few times already and the only thing on my mind was my desire to feed the crying baby on my lap. If someone had said something, I would have been quick to tell her (her, because I think most men wouldn't get in the face of a breastfeeding mother, and women have the annoying tendency to meddle when they really shouldn't) to go fuck herself.

No, my friends, I'm hunting for literal, physical boob support. A nursing sports bra. Or at least a sports bra that takes into account full milk ducts.

My old approach for finding a good sports bra was basically the tightest one that still allowed me to breathe. I have big boobs. I've had big boobs for a long time. I gave serious thought to having breast reduction surgery when I was in the Air Force, but I didn't because I didn't want said surgery to impede any future breastfeeding attempts (and boy am I glad I made the decision I did!). But anyway, running and working out was always tough because of my ginormous breasteses, so I had to get inventive to contain those babies. Sometimes, I'd wear two at once. I needed support, dangit!



No touching the ladies!!

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog. My baby was born 9/16 (similar to yours).. I have been using this one...
    http://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=978490361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29
    & this one....
    They work pretty good. I would re-purchase. I have been too nervous to breastfeed in public, I live in south florida where people tend to be more opinionated and rude .. and stupid.
    Last time I was caught out in public with a hungry baby, i went back to my car and fed him. Hopefully I will work up the courage, It would proably also help if I had a nursing top, that didn't show too much, so that you could really tell that I was nursing

    Oh and I am also working on the weight loss. 5' 9" Start weight 121. Day I delivered, 178 (OUCH!) Current weight 144

    ReplyDelete
  2. (forgot 2nd link) and this one ***
    http://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=993890361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a nursing cover? They're great for nursing in public, or anywhere where you don't want to show your boobies off. I got all mine as gifts at my baby shower so I don't know exactly where to get them, but I'm sure any baby store would have one or two. I recommend the ones with the hoop at the top so you can look down hands-free!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments