Friday, November 19, 2010

I Like Cheesy Stuff

If I weren't so foul-mouthed and unkempt, I'd make a great soccer-mom-homemaker type lady.


Jake says I'd make a good Mormon because I don't drink coffee (because it tastes like shit) or alcohol (not that often, anyway, and because it tastes like shit), and I don't smoke. There's another reason, too, but I forgot. It might have something to do with the fact that I knit/crochet and I find the idea of a giant Apocalypse-ready pantry to be awesome.

I like cheesy, Martha Stewart-esque stuff. Crafts. Cooking dinner for people. Fancy desserts. I'm about ready to shit myself with excitement because 1) I love Thanksgiving and it's next week and I can't wait to cook aaaallll daaaayyy, and 2) decorating a Christmas tree is probably one of the highlights of the year after my birthday and Thanksgiving dinner.

So when Jake's mom told me about what I am about to asplain, I practically simultaneously exploded with excitement and melted with sadness that no one will ever do it with me.

I don't remember what she called it, but I shall call it "ABC Dinner Game."

The game goes like this:

Every two weeks, a group of people get together and have dinner. They've had the prior two weeks to each come up with a dish. The only stipulation regarding these dishes is that the first time, they all have to begin with the letter A. The second time, they all have to begin with B. And so on, and so forth.

So for the first dinner, someone would bring apple pie.

For the second dinner, someone would bring blueberry tarts.

For the third dinner, someone would bring chicken soup.

Blah, blah, blah.

X and Q would be very hard. I reckon for the Q dinner, there would be a lot of quiches.

I want to do this sooooo bad. But if I do it by myself, it will hardy be any fun.

I also want to partake in a cookie party. It's a holiday thing. You get together with some friends, and all of you bring some cookies (a dozen for each person attending; so if there are 6 people including you, you bring 6 dozen), plus copies of the recipe for your cookies. It's a good opportunity to get some new cookie recipes and try new stuff, and also a good way to amass a variety of sweets for guests or Santa. Not like that fat bastard needs any more cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments