Monday, November 22, 2010

Dry (Skin) Times

Camille might have eczema.

Jake has it, and has ever since he was wee. Camille definitely has super dry skin and she gets dandruff like crazy, even in her eyebrows.

While I was at Target today (presumably buying only diapers but I ended up getting diapers and a lot of other stuff), I wandered down the baby lotion aisle and got some Aveeno baby wash, shampoo, and lotion. It's all for dry skin like Camille's, and the lotion even specifically mentions eczema. I figure, we have a couple of weeks to try the Aveeno out before Camille's next doctor's appointment. If she's still way flaky and dry by then, I can bring it up and maybe Dr. Dude can suggest something else.

One of my other errands today involved Comcast (boo hiss). I've been trying to cancel our service with them for a couple of weeks now, but every time I call, I am thwarted. The number connected to our account is a Florida number, so the 1-800-COMCAST line keeps sending my calls to the Florida region. And they can't do scrap for me in Utah from the Florida office, which is understandable. What is not understandable is that none of the customer service turds in Florida can tell me how to get hold of the Utah office. So after much irritation on the phone, I decided to just walk into my local office and cancel that way.

While waiting at the Comcast office, a guy sat down next to me. I had Camille in her carseat on the floor in front of me, and she was sucking on her binky and just chilling quietly. After several minutes, this happened:

Random Dude: Is your baby always that good in public?
Me: Yeah, pretty much.
Random Dude: Wow. You're lucky.

Random Dude then proceeded to help me lug the bag full of Comcast paraphernalia to the counter when they called my number. Ironically, while Comcast has been one of the worst companies to do business with ever, the nicest things always happen to me at the Comcast office. Random Dude and his help today, and the Comcast office was the only place while I was pregnant that someone got up from their seat and offered it to me. I know what you're thinking. "Really? The whole time you were pregnant, only one person got up from their seat for you?"

Yes. It's sad, isn't it? Whatever. I got all the sweet parking spots.

2 comments:

  1. Sure it's not cradle cap? If so, lotions make it worse.

    Kennedy has eczema and I have the milder form. Sucks. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it's not cradle cap, but we're not putting lotion in her hair. The lotion goes on her arms and legs where it's dry. Super-moisture-shampoo is for her hair.

    I have seborrheic dermatitis. It's like extreme dandruff. It gets worse when the weather is dry. Sometimes it gets so bad, my scalp bleeds. FUN!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments