Monday, October 18, 2010

The #1 Question

I have many friends with babies. I also have many friends without babies. It seems, however, that no matter what their current offspring status, they all had the same question:

"Did you poop??"


OK, people. You want to know, so I'll answer.

I don't know.

And I'm not just saying that because I don't want to admit to pooping. I really don't know. I didn't notice a lot that day (much of which Jake has reminded me of), and I haven't gotten around to asking Jake if I pushed out a poop while I was pushing out the baby.

You read and hear all kinds of things about labor, one of which is that a lot of women poop. There are many soon-to-be mothers who worry about that the most, and those who have experienced labor always offer this assurance: don't be worried, you won't even notice it.

And I think that's true. For me, anyway. If I did poop, I didn't even notice, and I didn't even think about it until the first time I was asked about it. You're preoccupied with more pressing issues, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you noticed, babe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally can relate on this one. I was so worried. Insanely worried. Mortified by the thought.

    7 months later, I remain totally clueless.

    Only I'm not going to put myself in a position where anyone will tell me LOL

    (here from Top Baby Blogs - off to look around more!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol..Love this topic. I didn't have time to poop. I was rushed into an emergency c-section after 5 minutes of pushing. I would rather have pooped!
    Your blog is cute! Please check mine out! http://cucumbercamp.blogspot.com
    ~Aly

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments