I think I'm starting to get used to this whole baby thing. I don't freak out every time she squeaks anymore, which is an improvement. I actually got to brush my teeth before noon today... hooray!
On the other hand, my house is kind of in disarray. I need to do laundry... BAD. Fish tank is still clean-ish, but the water needs to be changed soon. And the dog... poor Sophie. She gets a potty walk in the morning and at night, but I just don't have the energy to take her on a long walk yet. Yet. I will. But I figure, I only have time to go to the bathroom two or three times a day, and she doesn't get more potty time than I do!
Oh yeah, I have the best husband of all time, for a million reasons. I won't brag. But yeah. He's the best.
I'm kind of stressing a little, because my boobs don't seem as full as they were last week. Last week, I felt like a dairy cow. Now, the milk has slowed. I try to pump at least one bottle a day in addition to what Camille eats, and it seems like it's getting a lot harder to fill the bottles up. But I guess the more I pump, the more milk will be produced. That's what they say, anyway.
Speaking of Sophie, she's doing great with Camille. When I put Camille in her swing or bassinet or on the couch, Sophie is usually there sniffing Camille's feet or hair, tail wagging. She hasn't been too overexcited, which is cool, because I was expecting her to totally flip out.
Urp, the Beast stirs!
I wouldn't worry too much about the breastmilk thing... not that I've ever been pregnant, but I did have a fascinating lecture in my gender anthropology class on breastfeeding which was extremely informative. I'm sure you've already googled it, but yeah, you and the CamilleBeast have a pretty intimate relationship, and your body knows what its doing. The breastmilk itself changes composition in response to the babies needs, responds to demand... it's really kinda amazing. If possible, it might be a good idea to have Camille eating directly from the source as much as possible. Of course, this is just what I know from 2 hours worth of lecture, so... I'll shut up now, cause you're the mom and you know what you're doing, lol. :D PS: She's adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty normal that your boobs don't feel as full - it's because they're used to being a certain level of full and they're no longer stretching or feeling like they're going to explode at maximum capacity. I'm 7 months into the whole breastfeeding thing and unless I'm totally horrible and skip pumpings/feedings by several hours, my boobs never feel full anymore but I'm still making plenty of milk!
ReplyDeleteBut yes, boob milk is very much supply and demand. The more you demand (whether via baby or pump) the more your body will make!