Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Insomnia Makes Me Hamster Porkchop Plant

I haven't been sleeping lately.
Photobucket
Well, I guess catnaps count as sleeping, but it sure doesn't feel that way. I've been a good sleeper my entire life. I grew up in Florida, where every day during the summer there are thunder storms, and I've always been able to sleep straight through them. When my sister and I were kids, my mom would have to take us to her jazzercise class, and I'd just fall asleep in the corner amidst the loud music and stomping feet. In a nutshell, I used to be able to fall asleep in practically any situation, and then stay asleep.

But not now. :(

I go to bed pretty early... 9-ish, usually, and even though I'm totally beat, it takes me a while to fall asleep. Then once I'm finally asleep, I can't stay asleep. For a while, I was waking up every 2 or 3 hours to pee. Then it dropped down to every 1 hour, not even necessarily to pee each time. Now, it's more like every 20-30 minutes. I wake up, look around, check the clock, mutter something about something, and then fall back asleep, only to wake up 20 minutes later.

I was handling it for a while. Naps on the couch during the day definitely helped. But now I can't nap. I lay on the couch with my eyes closed for 2 hours, and then decide to get up because if I'm going to be awake, I might as well be doing something.

My drive to school takes about half an hour. I'm normally a very safe (if not angry) driver, but lately I've found myself losing miles out of the drive. I'll suddenly snap back from wherever my brain was, realize I'm about to miss my exit, and be like, "Where the hell did the last three exits go?"

I have my CNA practical exam today, and my Biology final tomorrow. I've been studying the CNA stuff and I honestly can't tell you what it is I've learned. Maybe I've learned nothing. I'm so afraid I'm going to get to the testing center, they're going to ask me how to do a partial bed bath, and I'm going to just stare at them before saying, "A what?"

I just got up two hours ago. I want to go back to sleep. I almost feel like I need to go back to sleep. My eyes are burning and I have that heavy not-quite-headache-but-almost feeling, but I know I really shouldn't go back to sleep.

Zzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments