Thursday, August 12, 2010

34 Weeks


A day late, once again. But this time, I have an excuse! I didn't want to blogify while Marjory was in town. So eat it.

I took my CNA written exam on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to discuss the actual content of the test, lest I be accused of cheating, but I don't think the following statement would be considered cheating:

Whoever wrote the Utah CNA exam needs to go back to test-writing school.

>:|

There were several questions (about 15 out of 100) that had two right answers. And I'm not talking about, "Well, for practicality's sake, both of these answers are correct, but the book says it's this one, so the correct answer is this one." Nor am I talking about, "Two are right but one is more right."

I'm talking about, "Oh wow, two of these answers are verbatim from the book, and both are 100% correct." So there was a lot of eenie-meenie-miney-moe going on. And I really don't like doing that on a test, ESPECIALLY a test I had to pay cash monies for.

They said I should get my result in 5-10 bidnis days. So in a couple of days, I'm going to be going off about the CNA test, one way or another.

Tonight was my first Third Trimester Childbirth class at the hospital where I'm delivering. It was educational, entertaining, and the instructor is very cool. It would have been better if Jake had been there, though, because I was the only pregnant lady there without a dude. Mrrrrg.

Operation Unpack My Crap is complete. Well, as complete as it's going to get until Jake comes home and probably makes me toss more stuff. I halved the amount of junk that I own (should get one helluva tax credit for this year!) and I managed to consolidate my belongings into 10 large Rubbermaid containers. So yay for me! I was most excited about my DVDs. Now I just need a TV on which to watch them...

Oh yes, so, Marjory was in town. Marjory is one of my oldest friends. We've known each other since we were 10 or so, so it's been... 16 years. Hot damn, I'm old. A 16-year friendship is awesome, because we know so much about each other, and it is also sucky, because we know so much about each other. I'm very lucky Marjory is too classy to engage in blackmail.

And now... some pictures!

Marjory at Temple Square

Marjory making faces in Temple Square

Strikin' a pose at Silver Lake

Rescuing a Mountain Chickadee that ran into a tree
(the Chickadee is fine!)

She's hunting duckies!

Yours truly! And might I say: sweet Jesus, my face looks fat!

5 comments:

  1. One of my coworkers told me that her licensure exam asks for the best wrong answer. I'm really hoping I get into a phd program so I don't have to figure out wtf that even means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Face doesn't look sooo fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, does so! My face isn't that fat IRL. And Tanya, that's kinda what the CNA test was like. It was srsly like the DLPT: "How was this author feeling when they wrote the passage? Angry, Mad, Pissed, or Irate?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Marjory! And Super Yay for wearing a Tiny Ensemble t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm giving you free advertising out here, Harp.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments