
My First Stretch Mark. :( Since I have a propensity for naming random things (Eric the Betta, Pablo the Habanero Pepper Plant, Alberto and Nina the JalapeƱo Pepper Plants), I have decided to call this stretch mark Steve.
I noticed Steve this morning as I was applying lotion after I got out of the shower.
For the record, I don't put lotion on to prevent stretch marks (not entirely, anyway). It's super dry in Utah in comparison to Florida, and my skin gets way itchy and scratchy if I don't lotion up at least once a day.
The discovery of Steve upset me, understandably. I was hoping to make it through this pregnancy ordeal without any of the dreaded stretch marks that plague those who have undergone rapid weight gain. Apparently, it was not meant to be.
Needless to day, as soon as I saw Steve, I determined that I've been too lax as far as exercising and not pigging out. I decided to cut back on cheesecake and Oreos and junk food in general, and to maybe take longer walks with Sophie in the morning (bicyclists be damned). I'm not looking forward to giving up comfort food, but I also really don't want a bunch of stretch marks all over my midsection.
Then, to make matters worse better complicated, Jake sent me a box of Godiva chocolates today.
Damn you, Steve. Damn you.
Be zhankful for zhe stretch marks. I think the only women who can get pregnant and not get stretch marks are fatties.
ReplyDeleteIt still kind of makes me sad. And it's dumb that it makes me sad, because I have stretch marks elsewhere (and some that are only inches from Steve). I'm just a weirdo I guess.
ReplyDeleteFattie here. I still got stretch marks. I have them in places that would make you cry.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to put the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again
ReplyDeleteAG
I feel your pain. I was heart broken to find my first @ 35ish weeks. Then they broke out all over...SO close, but oh well. They faded really fast, actually.
ReplyDelete