Sunday, September 11, 2011

Favre is a Four-Letter Word

Before Camille was born, Jake and I had a conversation about swearing. We decided to stop using doo-doo words when she turned 4 months old.

Now, here she is almost a year old, and I still drop various bombs in her presence. Oops!

I've been successful in my elimination of the minor swear words - shit, damn, ass - from my vocabulary, but the one I just can't stop popping out is the big one: fuck.

I won't get into the many different reasons why I love that word so much. Suffice it to say, I love it so much. It has something to do with the plosive "f" sound, I think. In any case, I've decided to make a better effort at not saying it (or even typing it, just to get myself out of the habit), so Jake and I have come up with a replacement word for fuck.

Favre.

topsocialite.com

It's not originally our idea. A couple of radio DJs around here say "Favre" in place of "fuck" on the radio. I can't remember exactly why they don't like Brett Favre so much, but it has something to do with the fact that he just won't retire.

So, from now on, instead of typing FUCK, I shall be typing FAVRE. Now I'm gonna go make myself a Favre-in' sammich.

2 comments:

  1. You can substitute some words for Sweet Fanny Adams; you may already know this horrible piece of terribleness from living in England but just in case:

    http://blog.marshotelonline.com/2011/09/06/from-my-sketchbook-fanny-adams/

    Sweet Fanny Adams that's a terrible story! *that's not how they use it =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. In England, "fanny" is a crude slang term for a poonaner. Try wearing a fanny pack in England. They'll be horrified.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments