I gave up on the cukes after a freak cold snap shocked the crap out of them. I just tore them out and put them out of their misery. The nasturtium also succumbed to that freak cold snap, as did a couple of the basil. However, everything that survived is going to live through just about anything, I think.
| Four jalapenos and one habanero. I'm pretty sure the habanero is going to die because it hasn't grown at all in like... 2 months. |
| THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (salvia)!! |
Salvia is just a fancy way of saying "sage," by the way. I was planning on giving the salvia to my mother-in-law for her yard, but then I found out that she's allergic to sage. So... I'm keeping it. If I like it, I might even winter it inside.
| The only habanero that's actually thriving. I think it's a habanero, anyway. Either that or a jalapeno. I hope it's a habanero. |
| Two Roma tomatoes and five basil. |
| A different angle of the 'maters and basil. |
| The butterfly bush. |
I had two butterfly bushes, and I gave the other one to my mother-in-law. To my surprise and glee, she said she's always wanted one. So yay! I hope it doesn't die. I also gave her four tomato plants (two of which are definitely Roma, the other two might be Big Boys).
I really had to restrain myself from keeping all of my little seedlings, but I'm glad I only kept a few. Last year, my balcony was so full of plants that it was just messy. This year, it actually looks nice out there!
I WANT all of your plants!!! So bad. I love growing plants. I have a Rosemary bush and a basil bush on our balcony. Speaking of which... I need to go water! :)
ReplyDelete