My morning ritual goes like this: wake up, feed Camille, take a shower, give her a sponge bath, lotion her up, get her dressed. Then we come downstairs, I sit her on her playmat, and I make myself breakfast and read Interweb stuff while she plays with her toys. By the time I'm done eating, she's ready for second breakfast, and then she takes a nap.
I love mornings.
But today, things went a little differently. I set her down on her playmat and started reading Interweb, and about 20 minutes passed, and she started grumping. I usually ignore her little grumpy cries because usually she's just making noise because she wants attention. Today, she grumped for a little bit, and then started howling, and she threw herself back and cried while she kicked her feet in the air.
I got up and went to her. As I approached, I smelled poopy. I thought, "Oh, that's why she's crying, because she made dookers and she's uncomfortable."
So, like any good mommy, I picked her up with the intention of changing her poopy diaper.
When I picked her up, I put one hand on her back to keep her steady. And when I did, I put my hand in something squishy.
At first, for some reason, I thought it was just the lotion that I normally slather on her every morning. But no, this felt like a LOT of lotion, and I didn't put that much on-- wait a second... IT'S SHIT.
So I ran upstairs with her and proceeded to use a fuckton of wet wipes to clean her off, pausing just long enough to snap a couple of pictures.
| The inside of her pretty dress. |
| Bathed in doo doo. |
I gave up on the wet wipes and just gave her a bath.
I think the god of diapers is trying to tell us that we need to start wrapping her ass with the next size up.

yeah that poop trap on the back of the huggies isn't as great as they make it seem!!!
ReplyDeleteEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Das nas-tay. Poor Cami :(
ReplyDeleteThe poop trap on her newborn Huggies worked great, but I guess the force of this particular poop was too extreme for the size 2 poop traps!
ReplyDelete