...I forgot what I wanted to blog about.

So I'm going to blog about not being able to remember ANYTHING.
I suppose it's common to pregnancy to become afflicted with what is referred to as "pregnancy brain." I'm not sure what the technical term is, or indeed if it's even a recognized pregnancy ailment. Wait! The Google will tell me.
OK, according to the Mighty Google, pregnancy brain (also called mommy brain, pregnancy amnesia, or momnesia) may or may not be real. Chemically, say researchers, a pregnant woman's brain doesn't change during or after pregnancy.
However, the lack of sleep that IS a bona fide pregnancy ailment may play a part in preggo-brain. Everyone knows that if you go for a while without getting sleep, your brain is kind of wuzzy. You just feel like your brain isn't quite on, like it's operating at half-capacity. And that is definitely happening to me.
For instance, I know everyone has walked into a room and forgotten why they walked in. That's happened to everyone at some point in their life. I'll do that, but then I'll forget where I came from, so then I'll have to wander throughout the apartment, looking for evidence of where I just was.
The other day, I went to Target for the sole purpose of getting a gift bag in which to place a gift. When I got to Target, I bought shoes, a new purse, and spent about half an hour sifting through greeting cards (for no one in particular). I left Target, and didn't realize until I was ALREADY HOME that I hadn't gotten the one thing that I had needed.
My Biology class is getting progressively more difficult, but I don't think the actual class content itself is getting harder. I just can't remember shit, so it's taking me twice as long to grasp concepts. I took a quiz the other day and misread a question: what binds to the outside of a G protein-linked receptor, and what binds to the inside? Well, I thought it meant, what binds to the in/outside of the receptor itself, and I freaked out. What does? I don't know! Did we even go over that? Do things even bind to the inside of those proteins? I thought they were just channels... blah blah blah. Then I realized that the question wanted to know what bound to the protein that was sticking outside and inside the CELL, and I felt dumb. Really dumb.
I got the answer right, by the way.
Forgetting everything isn't the only symptom of baby brain drain. I will also do very strange things for no reason at all. For example, a couple of weeks ago, I tried to flush the toilet by flipping the bathroom light switch. And just today, I walked to the bathroom, closed the door, unzipped my sweater, and sat down on the toilet. Fortunately, I didn't pee my pants. I realized that I needed to unzip more than my sweater if I was to successfully make peeps. Which I did. Yay.

Yeah, I tried to unlock my house with my cars "unlock press botton" key. Due 9/20/10
ReplyDeleteLOL! I'm surprised I haven't done that yet.
ReplyDelete