Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's raining.

This displeases me greatly.

I love to swim. One of my new favorite things to do is SCUBA dive (not up here in the frozen northlands, however), and as long as the water is warm enough, I don't mind jumping into some H2O and having a little paddle around.

But I hate - HATE - being rained on.

Jake and I were in Key Largo on Halloween last year, diving. The boat took us out to the reef we were to dive upon, and the boat captain gave us the safety speech, and then he looked up behind us and said, "Oh, and those clouds look like they're coming at us. (pause while everyone turns to look at the stormclouds on the horizon) I don't see any lightning, so we're good to dive. It might be raining when you come up, but you'll all already be wet, so it doesn't matter!"

It mattered to me. We jumped in, terrorized fishies for an hour, and when we came up, it was indeed raining. Not too hard, but it's Florida, and Florida doesn't possess wimpy rain. Definitely no misting bullshit like there is in Utah. And it made me miserable. I poked my soaking wet head above the water, felt raindrops, and went back under.

I hate being rained on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments